I can't seem to find anything about licenses in that code and IANAL
anyway.  That said, much of that code is derived from my original
code, which was under the same license as protobuf anyway.  Might be
worth emailing him to make sure that the licensing is what you think
it is.

Anyway, I definitely support a community effort to build a better
plugin.  I'd suggest reaching out to dtrott and discussing
collaboration and if you guys want to work on making some version of
either plugin "official" then we can get CLAs for you guys and do
that.

--
Greg Kick
Data Liberation