I definitely agree we should make both the longer term roadmap and the
things being actively worked on for the next release more visible.

One frustration I've had with our communication tools has been with the
wiki. I actually had quite a good experience at first. I was happy with how
easy it was to author the Protocol Engines doc I wrote a little while back.
Since then though I have noticed that it is very difficult to find
something once you've authored it. There is no obvious way to navigate to
the page when you go here: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/, the search box
on the top doesn't seem to work well at all, and if you google "proton
protocol engines" you actually get to the mailing list updates for the
document but not the document itself.

I think any process that somehow distills and summarizes the higher
frequency activity from jira/lists/irc, would really need to solve and/or
find a better means of publishing the info than we currently have with the
wiki. I think we have a general gap in (good) tooling for low
frequence/live updated material.

Regarding the specific process you mention, I'd be happy to contribute to
periodic status/activity updates. I would, however, prefer a more
distributed process than funnelling through one person, i.e. put the
updates into some kind of shared/concurrently editable thing, e.g. a wiki
page or a google doc.

--Rafael