Hello all,

I recently took it upon myself to get proton-c working with android.  I ended
up being successful in my endeavor. It took me a couple weeks to get it working
but I have put in some effort to make the process straightforward. The bulk of
the work did not involve many changes to proton-c code, as it was mostly
focused on getting the library to build for android. I did have to change a
couple lines of code in driver.c, (getprotobyname doesn't work). My method
utilizes the android build system 'ndk-build' and the swig bindings produced
from proton 0.6. Because of the lack of swig bindings in proton-c 0.7 I have
not used this version on android. I have been able to successfully create apps
and upload them to my phone for sending and receiving messages with proton-c.

This was not a straightforward process, but with the work I've done it's easy
to build proton-c targeting ARM and other android architectures. I have a
folder with a readme that lists the instructions for building the proton-c
library targeting android architectures and all it involves is downloading the
ndk, and calling 'ndk-build' three times in three different folders.

I was wondering how I can contribute this to the proton project? It would be
really cool if my work could somehow be included into the build system for
proton so that with a simple option the ARM  architecture libraries could be
created alongside the normal build targets.

For example I envision something along the lines of:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DINCLUDE_ANDROID ..

Thanks,
Jimmy