On 06/11/2015 02:39 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
On 11/06/15 09:33 -0400, Ken Giusti wrote:
Yeah, jython's PYTHONPATH points to that directory - it has to in
order to pick up the python sources.

we really should clean that cproton.py up.  In fact, we probably
shouldn't be writing generated files anywhere in the source tree.
Everything should go under the build directory where cmake is run.

It's actually something that swig does itself when building the python
extension, I don't think there's much we can do unless we move
cproton.i somewhere else, which is not a crazy thing to do.

The cmake based build generates it under the build tree. The swig command seems to have an -outdir option, maybe we could use?

I tried moving it under a different package but that ends up in the
build step copying the whole package into site-packages instead of
just copying the generated `cproton.py` module.

That said, distutils has enough hooks to make something like this
work, I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Flavio

P.S: I was finally able to replicate this issue.