On 06/11/2015 09:41 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
On 11/06/15 16:08 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 06/11/2015 02:39 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
On 11/06/15 09:33 -0400, Ken Giusti wrote:
Yeah, jython's PYTHONPATH points to that directory - it has to in
order to pick up the python sources.

we really should clean that cproton.py up.  In fact, we probably
shouldn't be writing generated files anywhere in the source tree.
Everything should go under the build directory where cmake is run.

It's actually something that swig does itself when building the python
extension, I don't think there's much we can do unless we move
cproton.i somewhere else, which is not a crazy thing to do.

The cmake based build generates it under the build tree. The swig
command seems to have an -outdir option, maybe we could use?

Unfortunately, distutils doesn't have the right abstraction to change
the output dir for swig. However, this should fix the current issue:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/35369/

I believe we should still find a better place to put those files but
we can do that later.

That fixes it! I've committed your patch, thanks again Flavio!