Good point and agreed. :)

The more I think of it, the less I actually need to use browser detection, because Prototype does all the things for me, so we can safely store away this in the Prototype object. It isn't really used that much, even not in extensions libraries, but a Prototype.Browser.XXX is much nicer on the eyes as the navigator regexp stuff.

One thing that came to mind is extending the navigator object itself, but this is *probably* not possible consistently crossbrowser-wise (also "navigator" feels so 1995...). ;)

Best,
Thomas