On 2/14/07, Richard Quadling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would recommend announcing the removal BEFORE the actual removal.

Yeah, that's why I said "warn people in advance via blog posts" (only in
different words).

People read the blog. Also, there could be deprecation notices in release
notes for minor releases, as well as API break warnings in changelog for
major releases. Coupled with the compatibility add-on this plan is (almost)
foolproof! :)