On Mar 8, 4:00 pm, "Rick Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Madness.  I'll add it myself then.  I can't see why you'd pass
> xmlschema dates around and want to treat them like strings.

You wouldn't, but all other data types can be parsed by a simple eval
call.  (Obviously you'd want to sanitize, but the point remains).  So
you'd have to tell String#parseJSON: "treat strings as strings,
*unless* they match this particular pattern..."

And at that point, you've introduced a weird convention for treating
some strings differently from others.  Better, in my opinion, to let
the developer introduce whatever convention works best for him.
Date.parse makes this easy.

Now that I think of it, though, there was also talk on the JS2 mailing
list about having a Date literal in the xmlschema format.  Don't know
what became of that, though.

Cheers,
Andrew