On 3/8/07, Tom Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You've led me to an interesting thought, though.  Would you support
> tweaking Form.serialize and/or $F to check for the presence of an
> onSerailize callback attached to the element, whose result is
> returned instead of element.value if the callback exists?  It would
> make it easier for you to pursue your objective....

I don't know, I hadn't really gotten that far in my train of thought.
Though there is an issue if some yahoo wants to be smart and throw in
an xmlschema time in a text field.  It'll get sent back to Rails as a
Time and blow up.  Is that really a big deal?  It doesn't really hurt
anything in the long run.

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net