Marius, I don't want you to stop participating on this list because of
a misunderstanding. Let me clarify what I'm saying.

Prototype is not solely for use with Rails, obviously.  I've spent the
last year using it completely outside of Rails.  I'm saying that when
in doubt I'd do what Rails does, espcially since Rails didn't just
pull it out of thin air. We *are* trying to implement a serialization
method compatible with application/x-www-form-urlencoded, but you
yourself concede that this falls outside the scope of the
specification.

Can we get a few more opinions on this issue?  I don't want this to be
decided only by the handful of people who've posted in this thread.

Cheers,
Andrew