Hey Trevan,

Trevan Richins a écrit :
> The new version of $$() is wonderful but doesn't seem to work all that
> well with the :nth psuedo-elements.  It looks to only work correctly
> when in the formula "an+b", "a" and "b" are positive and "b" < "a".  I
> don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but I couldn't find a bug id
> so I filled a new one and added a possible fix for it (as well as test
> cases).  The bug is at: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7841.

Thanks for the heads up.  It's possible, due to the code's "freshness,"
that there are still bugs.  The negative values, in particular, are very
likely not handled, although I'm surprised about the b < a thing.  I
(and Andrew, no doubt) will look into it ASAP.

As a small note, $$ does not implement any pseudo-element, but
pseudo-classes.  "Pseudo-elements," as their name implies, do not select
*elements*.  They select fragments, or sometimes as-yet-empty locations
(:first-letter, :first-line, :before, :after, :selection).

--
Christophe Porteneuve a.k.a. TDD
"[They] did not know it was impossible, so they did it." --Mark Twain