Hey Andrew,

Andrew Dupont a écrit :
> I'm frustrated at the ambiguity of the CSS3 spec on this issue.  See
> for yourself at (http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/

OK, start by using the latest version, OK?

        http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/

> #nth-child-pseudo). The spec says that a and b "must be zero, negative
> integers or positive integers," but does not give any examples in
> which b is negative -- neither in the spec nor in the test suite.

It's much better expressed in the latest version.  For instance:

"The value a can be negative, but only the positive values of an+b, for
n≥0, may represent an element in the document tree."

"html|tr:nth-child(-n+6) represents the 6 first rows of XHTML tables"

"When the value b is negative, the "+" character in the expression must
be removed (it is effectively replaced by the "-" character indicating
the negative value of b)."

":nth-child(10n-1)  represents the 9th, 19th, 29th, etc, element
 :nth-child(10n+9)  (same)
 :nth-child(10n+-1) (Syntactically invalid, and would be ignored)"

Based on this, I'll review your latest parseNth today ;-)

--
Christophe Porteneuve a.k.a. TDD
"[They] did not know it was impossible, so they did it." --Mark Twain