With WINE? Note that IE sometimes will misbehave, that is work
differently from when installed on Windows/run in virtualization
(i've seen this with my own eyes, no urban rumors here).

Anyway, we've also had a case where IE was working when running
natively; but had a bug when running on Parallels (probably due to
some kind of issue with the virtualization _or_ with a driver thats
provided by Parallels).

Note that these cases should be _very_rare, so in general you can
rely on the virtualization. I'm just unsure about a WINE-based
environment, as some things will differ (like font rendering, etc);
although there are most likely no issues with JavaScript unit testing.

Best,
Thomas