On 6/18/07, Tobie Langel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> outerHTML is proprietary... so we can't really say it misbehaves ;)

Imagine we really include this outerHTML hack in the $ function ... Then we
can release 1.6, and the blog post would say:

"The $() function now changes nodes in the document. It does so in Internet
Explorer because we feel you don't have enough bad experience with this
browser. If you bump into problems with this new behavior, you can simply
replace the calls to $() in your code to document.getElementById! Weeee!"