Actually, having the constructor called without your control could be
disastrous if the constructor of your base class doesn't accept the
same arguments as your derived class. Many languages use static
analysis to determine whether you've explicitly called your base
class' constructor, and if not, call the default one for you. That's
probably out of the realm of feasibility for JavaScript - at least
without the help of peering into the AST.

I think you'll just have to live with invoking your base class'
constructor manually. At least you don't have to do all the tedious
typing to make it work...