On 9/20/07, Les Szklanny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But, shouldn't have to do this or use $super(name).  The superclass
> constructor should be called automatically (as in Dojo for example).

We have modeled OOP support in Prototype based on the most traditional
inheritance model. Most of the users don't expect overridden constructors to
be called automatically. If you want to call the superclass constructor, you
must use $super (please don't do Foo.prototype.bar.apply anymore) - that
also works with any other method in your classes.

So, thanks for the suggestion, but we're keeping constructors this way.