On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Tobie Langel <tobie.lan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by event wrappers in Webkit (nor in other
> browsers). Currently, we extend[2] Event.prototype in standard-
> compliant browsers with a couple of methods[3]. And extend event
> instances in IE before passing them to listeners. In neither cases are
> the elements wrapped. In webkit, the cost is negligible, as done once
> at runtime on Event.prototype.

I was looking at a previous implementation where there was a global registry
of wrapper functions. It looks live you're hanging them off the element in
question now, which would solve the "leak" we saw.

I heard from Sam that you had made significant performance
> improvements to the Array iterators. If you have a patch there too,
> that's again welcomed.

Actually I was just admiring the improvements in 1.6.0.3. We haven't made a
lot of changes to Prototype 1.6.0.3, and I can't think of anything we've
made faster.

Rob