2009/4/8 Richard Quadling <rquadl...@googlemail.com>:
> Having refreshed my prototype checkout (along with the submodules),
> the sprockets issue is still present.
>
> Trying to change the timestamp causes a problem.
>
> Looking at the output of Filemon
> (http://live.sysinternals.com/filemon.exe), I can see the information
> contained in the attached log file (best viewable in a spreadsheet to
> separate the columns cleanly).
>
> It seems that there is a SHARING VIOLATION.
>
> As the file is unique, what benefit does setting the timestamp have?
>
> For windows, this will be updated automatically anyway.
>

> So, commenting out the odd line allows the build to succeed.
>
> Though it is VERY VERY slow. I can build our PHP manual from DocBook
> XML to CHM in about the same time. And that contains over 8,500 pages
> from a single 23MB XML file (which is first concatenated from over
> 12,500 XML files).
>

> 2009/4/8 Andrew Dupont <goo...@andrewdupont.net>:
>>
>> OK, fixed it. This was caused by a recent commit to PDoc that fixed
>> one problem but introduced another.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Apr 7, 5:44 am, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Richard.  I've opened ticket #647[1] for it, just to track it.
>>> I don't think this needs to get in the way of the doc tickets I'm
>>> trying to clean up.
>>>
>>> [1]https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886-prototype/tickets/647
>>>
>>> -- T.J.

> --
> -----
> Richard Quadling
> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"

[08/04/2009  8:20:02] [D:\Personal
Files\Downloads\Software\Programming\Javascript\prototype] [] >rake
doc --trace
(in D:/Personal Files/Downloads/Software/Programming/Javascript/prototype)
** Invoke doc (first_time)
** Invoke doc:build (first_time)
** Invoke doc:require (first_time)
** Execute doc:require
** Execute doc:build
rm -rf D:/Personal Files/Downloads/Software/Programming/Javascript/prototype/doc

    Parsing source files: C:/DOCUME~1/RichardQ/LOCALS~1/Temp/pdoc.2360.0.
    Parsing completed in 53.079 seconds.

    Generating documentation to: D:/Personal
Files/Downloads/Software/Programming/Javascript/prototype/doc.
    Documentation generated in 655.04 seconds.

      Sections:            3
      Utilities:           7
      Namespaces:          34
      Mixins:              1
      Classes:             23
      Constructor methods: 11
      Constants:           0
      Class methods:       46
      Instance methods:    208
      Class properties:    2
      Instance properties: 9

** Execute doc

And the dollarx pages are present.

But. New problem ... styling ...

Good

prototype\doc\ajax_section.html
prototype\doc\dom_section.html
prototype\doc\index.html
prototype\doc\language_section.html
prototype\doc\DOM\dollarf.html
prototype\doc\DOM\dollar.html
prototype\doc\DOM\dollardollar.html
prototype\doc\Language\dollarw.html
prototype\doc\Language\dollara.html
prototype\doc\Language\dollarh.html
prototype\doc\Language\dollarr.html

Bad

prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax.html
prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax\updater.html
prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax\periodicalupdater.html
prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax\request.html
prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax\responders.html
prototype\doc\Ajax\ajax\response.html
prototype\doc\DOM\element.html
prototype\doc\DOM\event.html
prototype\doc\DOM\form.html
prototype\doc\DOM\selector.html
prototype\doc\DOM\abstract.html
prototype\doc\DOM\document.html
prototype\doc\DOM\abstract\timedobserver.html
prototype\doc\DOM\abstract\eventobserver.html
prototype\doc\DOM\document\viewport.html
prototype\doc\DOM\form\observer.html
prototype\doc\DOM\form\element.html
prototype\doc\DOM\form\element\observer.html
prototype\doc\DOM\form\element\eventobserver.html
prototype\doc\Language\enumerable.html
prototype\doc\Language\function.html
prototype\doc\Language\hash.html
prototype\doc\Language\number.html
prototype\doc\Language\object.html
prototype\doc\Language\objectrange.html
prototype\doc\Language\periodicalexecuter.html
prototype\doc\Language\regexp.html
prototype\doc\Language\string.html
prototype\doc\Language\template.html
prototype\doc\Language\try.html
prototype\doc\Language\array.html
prototype\doc\Language\class.html
prototype\doc\Language\date.html

The issue is in the path given to the javascript.

In the DOM folder, the working file have a <head> of ...

  <head>
    <title>Prototype API documentation | $$ utility</title>

          <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascripts/prototype.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../javascripts/effects.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../javascripts/controls.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascripts/application.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="../javascripts/code_highlighter.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

          <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascripts/item_index.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

          <link type="text/css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet"
href="../stylesheets/core.css" charset="utf-8" />
<link type="text/css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet"
href="../stylesheets/api.css" charset="utf-8" />

          <script type="text/javascript">PDoc.pathPrefix = '../';</script>
  </head>

The broken ones have ...

  <head>
    <title>Prototype API documentation | document namespace</title>

          <script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/prototype.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/effects.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/controls.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/application.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/code_highlighter.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

          <script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/item_index.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

          <link type="text/css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet"
href="stylesheets/core.css" charset="utf-8" />
<link type="text/css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet"
href="stylesheets/api.css" charset="utf-8" />

          <script type="text/javascript">PDoc.pathPrefix = '';</script>
  </head>

Missing ../ in front of the javascript and stylesheet src/hrefs as
well as the PDoc.pathPrefix

Regards,

Richard.
--