On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 09:47, T.J. Crowder <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:

> We'll have to disagree on that, then, and it's your project. For a
> project I was running, I would consider it a completely unacceptable
> barrier to non-code contribution.

>From my experience: I'm working on an open-source project right now for my
employer. This project has had a number of contributions over the past 3
weeks (since I started), most of them coming from people that don't know
git. These contributions were translations, design changes, copywriting. It
was generally more difficult and time-consuming to merge in changes
submitted by people who didn't use git than from people that did. Also,
patches from people generated by git were generally more quality.

I fully back Tobie's decision to set up some bar for contributors.