This isn't a bug. This is standard html behaviour. Imagine you write a
paragraph like this:

a paragraph.</p>

To stop confusion between:

This is

a paragraph

And:

This is a paragraph

HTML will always invoke the latter. If you wanted the former, you
need:

a paragraph</p>

In your example, you need to enter some non-breaking spaces (&nbsp;)
into the html. Server side, you'll want to do some kind of logic.
Without thinking about it very much at all, you'll want to convert
every space which follows a space into a &nbsp;