Hi bluezehn,
     Thanks for your reply!!!

      I know that it is a html behaviour. However, is there any other way
that I can compose these inputs in other format & not in <ul> tags, since
they are causing problems?

      I mean instead of passing the data in <ul>, can I pass it without <ul>
or some other way & the scriptaculous will still work??? The reason I'm
asking this is because I need to use the selected name as input to another
query. And when there is more than 1 space, scriptaculous strips all spaces
& leaves only 1 space which gets passed to my another query which eventually
fails to return any data for the selected name since the name has been
modified by the scriptaculous.

       I do not want to insert &nbsp; & then again strip it which looks an
unnecessary extra job. If scriptaculous can change the format & if some one
can tell me how to change it, I'll really appreciate it!!!

       Please kindly reply!!

Thanks again!!