Just as I thought, you are calling your function setRowFeatures
immediately instead of waiting until the row is removed. Due to
implementation problems in browsers like IE, I really recommend
against using effects on table elements.

Take these 2 lines of code:

row.fade(); //{afterFinish: function(fx){ fx.element.remove()}});
setRowFeatures();

And change them to:

row.remove();
setRowFeatures();

If you insist on using an effect to remove the row, you need to wait
until the effect has completed before you process the rows.

-justin