Given the recent blog post from the prototype core, is this wiki going
to be endorsed by the core?

We don't need them specifically to be controlling it, as the whole
notion of a wiki is community contribution, but this is very long
overdue, and I fear that unless you get core support, it will falter
and die.

PS:... "finally"