Hi,

> ...without core support (or at least
> mention of resources like this from the core prototype site) people
> won't find these resources...

Oh, I don't know.  Try googling "prototype tip" or "prototype tips",
for instance. ;-)  And that's after about a week.  Give us some time,
and I figure we'll show up even without Core links, and on more likely
searches.  (Who searches for "prototype tip"? :-) )

That said, I don't have any reason to believe that the Core folks have
a problem with the unofficial wiki and in fact I *do* have reason to
believe that if we do a good job with it, they'll happily link to it.
"Unofficial" doesn't mean unuseful and unappreciated.  Just that the
information doesn't have to be cleared through committee before
appearing on the wiki.

I think we completely agree about community and bringing together
plugins and add-ons, though, and from some recent conversations (not
to mention Andrew's recent blog posts), I think that the Core folks
are with us on that as well and that we'll be seeing efforts from them
on that front.