Is there a reason you need the data to remain escaped while being used by
javascript? Unless your javascript is interacting directly with the
database, you should not need to keep your data escaped. Once javascript is
done with the data, and sends it back to the server, the server should then
re-escape the unescaped data before inserting into the database.
-Hector