for example, here's a user description:  'I'll take you down to china town'

I want to print onclick="function('I'll take you down to china town')"

or for rollovers

onmouseover="tool_tip('I'll take you down to china town', 100);"

both of those throw errors. obviously I need it to work for double quotes or
single quotes.