The one I like the most for basic coding is Zend Studio 5.5.1

but that's me, it's java based so it's cross-platform, but being java based
is also part of the down side.

imo, Zend Studio for Eclipse is overly complex and was just an utter waste
of time on Zend's behalf.

I would have preferred them developing a better gui based on 5/5.5 than in
rewriting the entire thing to work on the Eclipse framework; but i guess it
saved them a lot of time re-inventing the wheel.

Zend Studio 5.5.1 for me thanks.

It's not the shizz for javascript or css, (one of the things i was hoping
for improvements with in 6) but it suits me fine.