Brian Williams wrote:
> The one I like the most for basic coding is Zend Studio 5.5.1

We use it too, for php/smarty development.

> but that's me, it's java based so it's cross-platform, but being java
> based is also part of the down side.

Yeah, the main downside is impossibility of vertical / box selection...

> Zend Studio 5.5.1 for me thanks.
>
> It's not the shizz for javascript or css, (one of the things i was
> hoping for improvements with in 6) but it suits me fine.

Actually, I think it is useless for javascript development.
It's Code Completion feature works only for php and html, not even for
smarty. Forget about javascript or css completion.

Syntax highlighting? The on thing supported for javascript is the
"function" and "var" keyword, which is displayed in blue, plus the
strings are in green.

One positive thing is that it almost intelligently inserts matching
)]}'" chars, if they are missed, and allows for overwriting such
auto-inserted chars when you just press the key yourself. You don't
end up with double )), one inserted and one typed. Zend Studio takes
care that they just matches. It works good, but is not perfect.

Anyway, forget about parameters hints or anything. ZS 5.5 is not for
JS. Haven't tried ZS6 yet.

--
Regards
SWilk