Thanks for responding, and checking the code.

i guess i should have noted: i'm also using FirePHP, so there are
lines in place sending debug log lines back to Firebug. However, on
only this particular call, absolutely nothing gets sent back from the
server. Not even a log line saying the PHP script was executed.

No SOP violation (Internal.fileList.Path is correct), i've adjusted
all Internal references to be prefixed by window, though you are
correct, there are no other "Internal" objects in that context.

In a bizarre twist, if i create a new button in my application and
observe "click" to the EXACT same block of code, it executes
flawlessly.
-joe t.