asynchronous file upload via Ajax is impossible at the moment .. there is 2
ways to do it ... 1 is an iframe (takes minutes to set up) the other is
flash
----- Original Message -----
From: "joe t." <thooke...@gmail.com>
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:26 PM
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: asynchronous file upload

If you can't utilize a Flash solution, the only other way is an
IFRAME. i had a need for this too, and spent a long time developing
quite an elaborate Prototype-based JS class for the client side, and a
PHP handler on the server side. If you're interested, let me know and
i'll be happy to share (i'll have to work on more detailed docs
though). Maybe it'll be useful, maybe not.
-joe t.