Hi all,

Still more frequently I get or see the question: "Should we use jQuery
or Prototype"? There has been discussions about the future of prototype,
is there enough development going on for prototype, an unofficial wiki
has been created (thanks!) etc. etc. But nothing "BIG". jQuery has a
huge community, a lot of "plugins" and to me it looks like all the
trivial stuff is equally easy to do with both libraries. Some argue that
prototype is better when it comes to "dealing with things not directly
related to the DOM" - but I cant find any "hard evidence" helping me
decide whether to use prototype or jquery. There are, however lots of
"soft" arguments that people throw at me to convince me to switch to jQuery:

1) Larger community
2) Better website
3) More plugins
4) "Supported by microsoft" (they will now distribute an
intellisense-enabled version of jQuery - but not add a single line of
code, right?)
- as a consequence of 4):
5) "This will be the future direction as prototype offers no noteable
extra functionality that you cant do with jQuery"
- as a consequence of 4) and 5)
6) prototype has "lost", wont get new followers - we will all be
assimilated...

This might not be the most un-biased list to ask (heh... :o) ) - but:

*What is - in your opinion - the main argument for using prototype in
favour of jQuery?*

- please, no "I like it better"-answers. Heck, even *I* like prototype
better myself for some reason. And I've never really worked with jQuery.
But I need arguments. Facts. Benchmarks. Comparisons.

So, what say ya?

/Jan