On Mar 13, 12:12 am, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> > ...I'd say it's
> > a tossup as to how often a bound function will/won't be passed
> > arguments....
>
> Hmmmm.  That would be worth checking.  I almost never use bind() with
> arguments other than the context; in fact, I don't recall the last
> time I did.

But when you call a function returned by bind(), how often are you
passing arguments?  That's the case I was referring to.  It's that
case where my variant of the "Kangax" technique performs better.  In
other words ...

// Yes, it's rare to pass extra arguments to bind, like this:
var someFunc = foo.bind(obj, 1, 2)

// But passing arguments to the bound function, like this, is fairly
common:
someFunc(3,4)

It's this latter case where having the args array cached provides
significant performance benefit, which I would argue is worth doing,
even if it slightly lessens the performance of "someFunc()" with no
arguments.  That's the tradeoff we're talking about.