On Mar 15, 10:54 am, Ryan Gahl <ryan.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, (sorry not to capture all this in a single post)...
>
> To re-iterate, Kangax, you _should_ be using .bindAsEventListener in your
> first case if you want to guarantee backwards X-browser support.

What do you mean by "backwards X-browser support"?

Just like I said, IE (including v. 6) supports `attachEvent` which
*does* pass event object as a first argument to event listener. If you
use `attachEvent` (or, more likely, `observe`) you don't need to touch
`window.event`. It is intrinsic event handler that doesn't pass event
as a first argument.

So, to reiterate, you do not need `bindAsEventListener` when using
`observe` and not partially applying event listener : )

[...]

--
kangax