On Mar 22, 4:42 am, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi Juriy,
>
> > Btw, as of today, all DOM tests fully pass on IE8.
> > T.J., do you mind giving it a spin?
>
> On IE7, you mean?  (I have only IE6 and IE7 systems right now.)

I meant IE8 :)

> IE7 on Windows still has issues in form, dom, and selector tests with
> the trunk (assuming "git pull" brings me up to date, I'm a git
> newbie):
>
> ** selector_test.html:>> testSelectorWithEmpty
>
> 0 assertions, 2 failures, 0 errors
> Failure: #level1 *:empty
> expected: <[<span id="level3_1">, <span id="level3_2">, <div
> id="level2_3">]>, actual: <[<span id="level3_1">, <span
> id="level3_2">, <em id="level_only_child">, <div id="level2_3">]>
> Failure: newlines count as content!
> expected: <[]>, actual: <[<em id="level_only_child">]>

Andrew knows about this issue and, afaik, should be taking care of it
shortly.

> ** dom_test.html:>> testViewportDimensions
>
> 1 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
> Failure: NOTE: YOU MUST ALLOW JAVASCRIPT TO RESIZE YOUR WINDOW FOR
> THIS TEST TO PASS
> expected: <523>, actual: <485>
>
> ** form_test.html:>> testFormMethodsOnExtendedElements
>
> 4 assertions, 1 failures, 1 errors
> Failure: assert
> got <undefined>
> TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or method, error=
> ([object Error])

Thanks. I could reproduce this in IE6 and just pushed a fix
http://github.com/sstephenson/prototype/commit/2c986d8eaff47a6a181a1c1f43d88443cedfa418

> Can someone point me to an IE7 setting that controls whether
> JavaScript can change the size of the window?  The DOM test may be
> running afoul of a setting I can't immediately find (in a rush this
> morning).

I only have IE6 and IE8, both with default settings (I think) inside
virtual machine. Both fully pass DOM tests (including window resizing
tests)

> When I get a chance, I'll fire up an IE6 VM and see how it does.

Great.

[...]

--
kangax