I don't really understand the logic,

You have multiple forms on a particular state in your ajax
application.  If the user takes action to change this state you want
to prompt them with the confirm window of "Changes have been made, are
you sure you want to discard?"  If they click yes- i want to discard,
then simply don't send the ajax request in the first place.
Otherwise, if you send it, then ask them if you'd rather discard
you're just making things more difficult.

--

http://positionabsolute.net