Hi Walter,
Ive solved the problem!! AWOOHOO!! :)

ok you're probably gonna punch me but I really have no idea why this is
happening.

I use this helper method "javascript_include_tag :defaults" to include my
default javascripts in my head tag. This method is in-built in Rails and it
generates the following HTML for me.

<script src="/javascripts/prototype.js?1240656994"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/javascripts/effects.js?1240656994"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/javascripts/dragdrop.js?1240656994"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/javascripts/controls.js?1240656994"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/javascripts/widgets/tooltip.js?1237809444"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/javascripts/application.js?1240826026"
type="text/javascript"></script>

I've noticed the "?1240656994" before but dint think much of it cos my JS
always worked. Now, if i include the following line instead, it works fine!

<script src="/javascripts/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Im so sorry to have put you through all that only for it to end up being
something so silly!!
Im going to see if anyone else has discussed such behaviour before anywhere
online. If not, gonna start a thread in a Rails forum to see what others
think about it.

Thanks again for helping me through this Walter. Really appreciate it :)

--
In Sport We Trust !!!