On Jun 16, 4:57 am, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> If XHTML isn't necessary for Prototype, I'd suggest we change the
> doctype of the examples and unit tests.

Good idea. Exclusively using XHTML doctype either shows our ignorance
on the subject or the fact that we prefer to serve browsers with
broken tag soup with no apparent benefits.

> What doctype do you use?  You've been using and contributing to
> Prototype for a long time, I'll totally jump ship to whatever you're
> using.

I'm using HTML 4.01 strict, but I really don't want you to "jump this
ship" just because I'm on it :)
I'd rather you realize why this is the only viable option at the
moment (seriously, look at that article link to which I pasted
earlier).

[...]

--
kangax