Alex McAuley wrote:
> I replied to you with an example.
>

> I wrote............
> Bill ....
>
> You need to observe the form submit.
>
> $('the-id-of-the-form').observe('submit',function(event) {
>
> /// do the ajax that TJ said...
>
> Event.stop(event); // will stop it doing its default action!
>
> });
>

> Alex Mcauley
> http://www.thevacancymarket.com

Putting it all together (apparently wrongly) I have:

$('messageProcessForm').observe('submit',function(event) {
new Ajax.Updater('showMessageDiv', mail/process_message.php, {
        parameters:  $('showMessageDiv').down('form').serialize(true),
        onFailure: function(response) {
         alert ("mail.js: failure to submit form - getmessage");
        }
Event.stop(event); // will stop it doing its default action!

When I try to load this I get the message:

Error: missing } after property list
Source File: http://192.168.0.101/MP2010-v2/scripts/mail.js
Line: 33
Source Code:
Event.stop(event); // will stop it doing its default action!

but, I can't see a missing close bracket.

--
Bill Drescher
william {at} TechServSys {dot} com