Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing that but it didn't work for me.If you point out the mistake in following code, it will be great.Thanks again.
<script type="text/_javascript_">
    new Ajax.Autocompleter("search","hint","server_class.php",
{afterUpdateElement : getSelectedId, minChars:1});
        function getSelectedId(text, li) {
            $('class_id').value=li.id;
            document.forms['searchcustomerform'].submit();
        }
</script>
Thanks,
Yogesh

Matt Foster wrote:
http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/ajax-autocompleter

afterUpdateElement function...

you receive an input object and some element that was representing the
field.  At this point you could execute form.submit..

--

http://positionabsolute.net