Actually, my reasoning for that response was a fluke, so ignore it

the problem: you're calling "*this*.deleteform()"

I noticed you use all kinds of alert()'s for debugging... i'd recommend
learning firebug and making it your very best friend. Firebug told me that "
*this*" IS NOT *pb_editloc*, its actually *window*

so... replace

*this*.deleteform()

with:

*pb_editloc*.deleteform();

And it works perfectly.

Also, can i recommend that you don't use body onload="foo()"... its silly to
wait that long to start doing your DOM work. I dropped the onload=""
attribute, and commented out the function it called (might as well delete
it), but copied the body of it into document.observe('dom:loaded')

Also... I made some suggestions in here. Find them in *bold*

document.observe('dom:loaded', function () {

*  // Mixing elderly events with Prototype is sloppy.
  //window.onresize= winResize;
  document.observe('resize',winResize);
*
  winResize();

  pb_editloc.initialize();

  var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(51.64, 0);
  var myOptions = {
    zoom: 8,
    center: latlng,
    mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
  };
  map = new google.maps.Map($("map_canvas"), myOptions);

  // Click Listener
  google.maps.event.addListener(map, 'click', function(event) {
    if (pb_editloc.editmode){
      pb_editloc.clicked(event.latLng);

  // Insert sidebar
*
**  var newDiv = document.createElement("div");
  newDiv.innerHTML = "";
  newDiv.id ="pb_sidebar";
**  $("pb_rightbar").appendChild(newDiv);
**
/*
**//  Why not use:
**  $("pb_rightbar").insert(
    new Element('DIV', {id: 'pb_sidebar'})
  );
*/
*

  // Insert loc box (Shows current location)
  pb_locbox.initialize('pb_locbox','pb_bottombar');

  // Insert zoom box (Shows current zoom)
  pb_zoombox.initialize('pb_zoombox','pb_bottombar');

  // Insert zoom box (Shows current zoom)
  pb_zoombox.initialize('pb_wipe_database','pb_bottombar');

  //Insert Add button
  insertHtmlFromTemplate("pb_add_location_button","pb_map_controls");

  readLocations();
});