A good place to start, add:

console.log('this is my first debug output');

Anywhere inside of a loaded dom closure (like your initializer function or
prototype's document.observe('dom:loaded', ...);  )

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
evilC wrote:

Great, that worked. I didn't realise "this" could be something else...

Also, bear in mind that I only started using prototype for this

project yesterday. Hell, I ripped it out and put it back in since I

made the first post - hence a lot of the code does not use prototype

properly (Though a search and replace for document.getElementsByID( to

$( is quick and easy...)

I have firebug installed already, though I have only ever used it for

CSS inspection, I will have to investigate how to use it to debug JS.

Many thanks for taking the time to download my code and help set me

straight. Now for another marathon coding session - hopefully I can

get line editing done tonight...