It's a cool idea. Some issues I ran into right away:

* FF 3.6 reports that $(document).mousemove is not a function (which,
to be fair, it isn't).
* IE7 really, *really* freaks out.
* The scrolldicators overlap the arrows on the scrollbar, meaning you
can't click them (Chrome & FF).

That's all I tried (didn't try IE8, Safari, etc.).

-- T.J.