On 30 July 2010 10:51, Yozefff <yoze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question ..
>
> Let's say I have 100 input fields, type = text. I want to put a onblur
> on all of them and pointing to the same function.
>
> So I've used
>
> $$("input") and invoke a blur.
>
> This works .. but my question is .. will this generate 100 events? So
> will my memory get filled with 100 on blurr events?
>
> Would it be the same if I just Even.subscribe 100 times?
>
> greets

I'd recommend putting the onblur on the form element and use
Event.findElement('input[type=text]')

e.g.

$('form_id').observe('blur', function(ev) {
 var el = ev.findElement('input[type=text]');
 if (el) {
  // el is the element that triggered the blur.

sort of thing.

Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://api.prototypejs.org/dom/event/findelement/