Test this carefully. Form element events don't (reliably) bubble the same way that other DOM events do. Especially in browsers made in Redmond, WA.

Walter

On Jul 30, 2010, at 7:26 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:

On 30 July 2010 10:51, Yozefff <yoze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Question ..

Let's say I have 100 input fields, type = text. I want to put a onblur
on all of them and pointing to the same function.

So I've used

$$("input") and invoke a blur.

This works .. but my question is .. will this generate 100 events? So
will my memory get filled with 100 on blurr events?

Would it be the same if I just Even.subscribe 100 times?

greets

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group. To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com . To unsubscribe from this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en .

I'd recommend putting the onblur on the form element and use
Event.findElement('input[type=text]')

e.g.

$('form_id').observe('blur', function(ev) {
var el = ev.findElement('input[type=text]');
if (el) {
 // el is the element that triggered the blur.

sort of thing.

Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://api.prototypejs.org/dom/event/findelement/