Well to answer the OP's question, it will create 100 *listeners* which each consume a certain amount of memory and each have to be tracked and deleted if the number of observed items on the page changes after load. In contrast, a single listener that's listening for a bubbled event will only consume 1x listener memory, and will be relevant no matter how many child elements are beneath its scope. I use this pattern a lot for pages where I am updating the page after load: adding or removing elements that I need to observe.

But as I mentioned earlier, form element events do not bubble predictably in my experience.

Walter