Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Bertilo Wennergren wrote:
>
>> SInce 1.7RC2 was released in May "with the intent of putting out a
>> final 1.7 release very soon", after which as far as I can tell nothing
>> has happened (complete silence on the Prototype blog since then), I
>> tend to regard the project as dead. Any information to the contrary
>> would be very welcome.

> If you are interested in the day-to-day of the development cycle, you can
> subscribe to the prototype-core mailing list. It's not meant to serve the
> same role as this list; it's definitely not where you would go for help, for
> example. But you can hear the chatter and gauge the level of effort being
> put into this non-dead, actively developed framework.

Glad to here that the development is still alive. Maybe I'll subscribe
to that list, but I'm afraid I'll have little time to read it.

> I'd be curious to know what parts of 1.7 are critical to your ongoing
> development efforts. What new features relative to 1.6.x to you absolutely
> need in order to get your work done?

Actually I have no problems using the stable version. (I'm not the one
who started this thread.) There were some nice goodies announced for
1.7, but there's nothing I couldn't live without (in the work where I
use Prototype).

--
Bertilo Wennergren
berti...@gmail.com http://bertilow.com