Sorry for the rant, but I came to Prototype by way of early exploration with Rails. I found Prototype approachable and learn-able in a way that I didn't (and don't) find jQuery to be.

I've invested years in learning Prototype and it has trained and patterned my JavaScript brain. I'm quite cheesed about the notion of having to learn another way to look at JavaScript.

At the same time, I can't help but notice the <crickets> around here lately. When I joined this list (back in the rails-spinoff days) there were dozens of posts per day, now we're lucky to get there in a week.

What the heck is going on here?

Walter