On 3 April 2011 20:14, Joschi Cassel <josch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do recall that now.  Thank you.  It just fits so perfectly to use
> the ID of the sql table row as the ID of the matching HTML table
> row :)  What is your preferred method when populating a table with
> results from a query?
>
> Thank you,
> Joschi

If I'm building a table to hold multiple rows, then I don't use IDs at
all as the IDs will change for every row/page being viewed, so all the
build-up/tear-down for every pagination would seem to be redundant.

Instead, I'd code the client to rely on bubbled events so that I only
need to add 1 event to the container that won't change for each
pagination.

My input tag names would be along the lines of ...

name="tableName[id][column1Name]"

That way, when they get to PHP, I have a nested array of data which
matches the structure of the data I would need to insert into the DB
as well as the structure of the data I would get from the DB.

So, 1 pattern of coding logic.

foreach($_POST['tableName'] as $i_ID => $a_Row) {
  // Validate data
  // $i_ID === int > 0
  // $a_Row['column1Name'] === string / regex / etc.

  // Process row.
}

Sort of thing.

--