Gotcha.  In this case I used it to store the unique ID of the entry in the
sql table. Referencing it when an input from that row was updated.  Or as a
process of saving changes.  Example for each table row, check for input
changes, use id to write xml string to send to server side for processing.
I'll revisit it.  I was struggling a bit with onblur and bubbling.

Question, Let's say you had a div / table with multiple inputs, do you
manually set the onblur for each input or "observe" from the form, div?

Best regards,
Joschi