Okay. So the Self-contained test you provided works just fine in IE7.

here's mine:
http://test.tpionline.com/Audrey/TPI_new_platform/dynamic_invoicing/test.php

It still fails in IE7 to allow the first element to be reordered. Still not
sure what's going on with it. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Audrey